Monday, June 18, 2012

Tourist Time (Day Twenty-seven)

I'm going to be pretty brief. Day 26 passed by mostly uneventfully, but I did finish my notes for my English oral report.
Today I was a total tourist. I saw the changing of the guard in front of Buckingham Palace, along with a crowd of other people. I was so happy that it didn't rain on us, but I have no idea what happened to the 60% chance of rain. I was actually very surprised at some of the military band's musical selections. I thought that they would just play marches (which I can totally appreciate being a former band geek.)
After the changing of the guard, I went to Westminster Abbey. It's crazy to think about people still going to services there, but I bet it's pretty awe-inspiring.
Tonight we saw our last play of the program, Children's Children. I was not a big fan, but I did enjoy some of the content in the character's lines. Not a total bust, but not the best either. I do wish our last play could have been better. A grand finale of sorts.
Tomorrow my first oral report awaits me. I'm definitely not on holiday at the moment.

Cheers,
Cis


No comments:

Post a Comment