Friday, June 8, 2012

All the Cute Boys Read (Day Seventeen)

First of all, I am completely aware of the fact that I did not blog about Day Sixteen. That is because Day Sixteen mainly consisted of sleep and laundry.
Moving on. Today was a very leisurely day for Mandy and I. In fact, our first appointment of the day was not until 2pm. And by appointment, I do mean appointment. Last night I made a reservation to have a traditional afternoon tea. What you get with this are, basically, as many pots of tea as you can drink, finger sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jam, and fancies (cupcakes and bite-sized cakes.)
Tea was absolutely terrific. I am totally going to submit my friends to the chore of having at least one afternoon tea with me when I get home. (And that's if I don't make it a mandatory regular thing.)
After our Terrific Tea, we stayed in the Covent Garden area which has great brand name shops as well as some more obscure ones. I generally tend to fall in love with everything I see in these little obscure shops, but I refrain from buying everything in sight.
In the courtyard areas outside of the shops there was a magician (who was a bit creepy) and a man on a really tall unicycle juggling. We stood around a little while before we moved on.
Today I got to check off something on my personal London list. I bought a Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt. I was so excited to get it because I am a bit of a small-time collector. Currently, I have ones from Orlando, Memphis, New york, and Athens. I have actually also been to Hard Rock Cafes in Paris and Tokyo as well.
I feel the need to explain the title of my post. There are literally always smartly dressed, cute boys on the Tube. They are almost always reading some intense-looking book.
I won't be blogging while I'm in Dublin, because I can only have one 22lb. carry-on. So, you will have to wait for days 18, 19, and 20.
I will be coming back on day 21 so maybe a new post then.

Cheers,
Cis

No comments:

Post a Comment