Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Front Row Girls (Day Four)

This morning after having class at nine, we took a tour of the House of Commons and the House of Lords. Westminster is my favorite landmark/ touristy place so far. I was looking forward to the tour a lot, but our guide was a bit of a letdown. It was interesting to get a better idea of how their monarchy fits in with the government. I already knew that they had no real political power anymore but this totally cleared up a lot of things.

In the afternoon we saw The Duchess of Malfi. The play was at The Old Vic Theatre and it was amazing. We had front row seats and I could literally see everything. Every facial expression, every drop of spit. It was crazy incredible. We all loved it so much that even though no one else stood up to applaud, we did. Afterwords we waited a bit at the stage door for the actors. When they came out, one of the guys recognized us as "the front row girls." Apparently we had been very involved with watching the play. I actually did get a picture with Harry Lloyd. I look like a dweeb in it, but I don't care.

Cis




No comments:

Post a Comment